A good Communication in Health also passes from the correct use of Social Media
Social media is a powerful tool to develop an efficient Health Marketing Strategy and therefore to attract patients to your medical facility. However, it is not always easy to know how to use it. What information should you publish and in which channel? Should you use hashtags?
We will help you navigate the social media landscape with some practical tips for optimizing healthcare communication.
This is the most popular social media site. Marketing on Facebook is essential today if you want to market your dental practice, for example. What should you publish? In essence, everything that is useful or interesting for your patients or leads.
1. Set up a Facebook profile for your business. You can include information in the Information section that tells users who you are and for how long you have exercised. Make sure you include your contact information and a link to your website. Also, include photos of your office and staff.
2. Content engagement is the key to finding new patients on Facebook. If you work with suppliers or pharmaceutical companies you want to promote, we suggest you tag them and their products. The more information, the better but keep it always interesting and relevant for your patients and potential customers.
3. Ask your satisfied patients for feedback on your business that you can post on Facebook. Furthermore, you interact with those you like and follow you.
4. Use Facebook to promote any sales of services, events in your possession or participation, and prizes or awards that you or your staff have received.
5. Include a link to your Facebook page on your website, in emails, newsletters, and other collateral materials. Spread a “large network” to attract the greatest number of followers on your page.
6. When planning the Health Marketing Strategy, remember to include a call to action so that people know how to contact you.
Twitter can be very useful for any medical facility as it provides real-time information for patients and potential clients.
7. Unlike Facebook, your posts should have a length of fewer than 280 characters. If you want to include an article, you need to provide a website to which readers can connect.
8. Include photos, engaging content and call to actions. Use the hashtag (#) before a relevant keyword or phrase to classify your Tweets and to find them, use them to promote events or promotions. For example, if you have a dental practice and are organizing an online event to educate children about teeth cleaning, use a hashtag like #healthcare.
Instagram is popular for its visually attractive presence.
9. Create an Instagram company profile for your healthcare facility. Make sure you include information about your location and contact information and link your profile to your website.
10. You can also use hashtags and position tags to organize photos and improve search features. Instagram is the channel where you can share interesting photos that highlight any health activity. Include engaging captions that share your location and how to reach you.
11. Add hashtag in the caption or in the comments of your post, you can use up to 30 hashtags for the caption.
This is another platform that attracts people for its visually attractive content as it is a social network that allows you to create themed message boards.
12. The target audience for Pinterest are mainly women, so keep that in mind when planning your Healthcare Marketing Strategy and post content. Include engaging photos and appropriate hashtags just like you would on Instagram.
13. Pinterest should also integrate Lead Generation actions, ie marketing actions that allow you to generate a list of possible customers interested in the products or services offered by a company. Use Lead Generation to create personalized cards for patients and followers based on your services. On Pinterest you can create our pins manually, using the Repin feature. What does Repin mean? The repin is that action that allows us to use the pins already created by other users to create our boards, in other words, it corresponds to the “share” button on Facebook.
LinkedIn is a great way to attract customers, mainly because it is a professional job search channel. When you provide useful information that attracts clients/patients on LinkedIn, they will look at you as the ultimate expert in that specific healthcare environment. This creates interest, trust and allows you to promote and sell your services.
14. Create your LinkedIn group. This is a great way to attract followers who want up-to-date information on a specific activity or service.
15. Participate in other active LinkedIn groups. In this way, you can highlight your profile and attract followers. Once you have positioned yourself as an expert on a particular service and a valuable resource, you will have the opportunity to promote your business.
16. Promote your LinkedIn page through other multimedia channels that will allow you to develop your Health Marketing Strategy. Just like you did with Facebook, insert links to your LinkedIn page on your website, in emails, newsletters, and other collateral materials.
17. Take advantage of LinkedIn Follow Ads. Follow ads can be promoted to people in your area. They help you reach and attract potential patients – those interested in the health services you offer and the area you cover. Make sure you add a LinkedIn “Follow” button to your website.
18. Ask your employees to be LinkedIn Ambassadors. After all, they are some of your best supporters. Ask them to create personal LinkedIn profiles that include the name of your medical business and a direct link to your website.